Americorps Position Opening
KENA is looking for a Eastside Neighborhood AmeriCorps Empowerment Coordinator. Please see the job description below:
Eastside Neighborhood AmeriCorps Empowerment Coordinator
Function: Facilitate financial workshops, recruit financial empowerment experts to present at workshops and at our annual Show Me the Money Day event, Updating financial educational curriculum to participant needs and requests. Plan for, market and implement our Annual Show Me the Money Day event.
Report to: Eastside Neighborhood Association Executive Director.
1. Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
2. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to organize and meet deadlines
4. Ability to follow directions in a timely manner
5. Be able to act as a self-starter
6. Ability to plan and recruit facilitators for workshops
7. Some knowledge of the Eastside Neighborhood and its residents
8. Ability to work independently while maintaining communications with E.D.
9. Ideal candidate has a willingness to learn and share financial empowerment information with community.
1. Develop a planning team that will assist in the planning, recruiting presenters, marketing and tracking of activities related to financial education workshops and our annual show me the money day event.
2. Assist with recruiting volunteers for the event, keeping documentation of the number of volunteers and number of hours each volunteer works.
3. Organize and maintain a database of participants,
4. Assist with communication activities to the public.
5. Assist with implementation of set up, take down on the day of the event.
6. Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director.
This is a 20 hour a week position. Interested applicants are encouraged to view a recorded informational webinar at bit.ly/host-americorps. Member benefits include a living allowance – paid twice a month @ $3,047.90. Minimum hours served 900 hours. Members receive training and networking opportunities that encourage civic engagement, build leadership and build personal and professional skills.
Please contact Pat Taylor with any inquiries at 269-381-0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.